October 23rd, 2011
Some days you just don’t wanna. For those days, try this! Seems like I’ve been seeing pictures of this lovely look everywhere. It’s definitely an easy, gorgeous ‘do. Here’s how to get this very uncomplicated knotted ponytail:
- light holding styling mousse
- small clear elastic
- large bobbypin
- Apply a light holding styling mousse all over from roots to ends for texture and seperation. Hair can be damp or dry. (If it’s dry, be sure it’s a light holding mousse or you could end up with a strong holding mess.)
- Separate the hair over your shoulder into two pieces. The piece from the back should come forward and down (see photo).
- Using your girl scout skills, tie hair into a simple knot. [repeat]
- Secure the two ends together using a clear elastic. Once it’s in there, slide it up underneath the knot to conceal it.
- I like to throw a bobby pin in there for extra security.
- Back comb the ponytail a little for texture and then comb through it with your fingers to settle it.
Tip: Once the steps are complete, tug on it and mess it up a bit. This look is better when it’s a little disheveled!